Thursday, 14 January 2010

Whatever Happened To... Dirty Diggers?

I remember Excalibah getting behind Dirty Diggers heavily about five years ago. After I bought Freakishly Strong I realised what the fuss was all about.

Young Max and Pat Stash aren’t immediately an obvious fit – one’s from Yorkshire, the other from the East End. Despite that, they complement each other surprisingly well and had some proper hard-hitting beats on their debut, released on the now wound down Zebra Traffic. I’ll save you the bother of reading hackneyed clichés about what Diggers’ music does or doesn’t sound like and offer up what’s arguably their anthem.

I purchased both LPs they released, I strongly recommend you do the same and I hope they come out of early retirement for more.

Dirty Diggers – For The Haters

Hit ‘em up on MySpace and annoy them ‘til they get back on it.

Lead tune off sophomore set The Pleasure Is All Mine: